Tam Giang Lagoon in Hue Vietnam is a beautiful attraction that is famed for complete peace, scenic scenery, and harmonious lifestyle. Though the coastal plain of Hue owns several lagoons, Tam Giang seems to be the most famous and fabulous that is worth visiting all seasons. Not only do visitor appreciate the fantastic nature, but also the hospitable characteristics of the locals.
What to See in Tam Giang Lagoon in One Day
Around 15km from Hue City, Tam Giang Lagoon is the confluence that Perfume River, Bo and O Lau Rivers meet prior to flowing into the sea via Thuan An estuary. Blessed with the untouched beauty and absolute peace, this Lagoon enables the visitors to feel relaxed, refreshed, and free from anxiety. Some can even burst into joy, sounding like they find the right place that they have been dreaming for. With an area of 52 square kilometers and 24km long, the whole Lagoon makes one-day Hue Tour, particularly from 5:00 AM to 3:00 PM full of joy and delight. Here is what to do:
- Biking: You can try riding a motorbike or bicycle. The journey should begin from Vinh Ve Village to Nhu Y River and Dam Chuon – Tam Giang. There are lots of gorgeous highlights to see along the ride such as antique village, stunning landscape, age-old church, lush green fields, etc.
- Sightseeing: Just as simple as that! But, sometimes the simple thing brings big joy. Tam Giang Lagoon can make the hearts of the tourists beat like standing in front of a gorgeous and wild girl. Feasting eyes with the breathtaking spectacle and wild features can actually drive people to imagine of their dreamy land.
- Visiting Thai Duong Ha Fishing Village: This spot is recognizable for the ancient communal houses and temples that have long been holding the significant values in the locals’ life. Besides, do not ignore Thai Quoc Pagoda – one of the most beautiful and antique pagodas in Tam Giang Lagoon.
- Viewing sunset over Tam Giang Lagoon: When the sun is about to set, enjoy the art of the violet twilight over this scenic Lagoon. You might notice some boats returning home, the skyline between the water and the sky, the peaceful water surface, etc., which are all ideal for photography and painting.
- Viewing sunrise over Tam Giang Lagoon: While sunset is a must to see in this attraction, sunrise is a big recommendation if you arrive there around 5:30 AM – 7:00 AM. When the sun is about to rise over the enchanting and tranquil lagoon, you catch the right moments to feel refreshed and cherish the real beauty of Nature.
- Visiting Bach Ma National Park and Truc Lam Bach Ma Monastery: Set nearby the extraordinary Lagoon are the two attractive tourist sites. While the National Park can surprise you with the protected wildlife and forests, the Monastery supports your spiritual need and contemplation if wanted.
- Exploring Ru Cha Mangrove Forest: The boat trip in the peaceful and fresh atmosphere of the mangrove forest is memorable. Sometimes, you can listen to the birds’ songs and forget the summer heat. The sea species in this area are abundant.
How to Get to Tam Giang Lagoon Hue
There are taxis to Tam Giang Lagoon from Hue City, and it’s very easy to catch one. And, the journey becomes more exciting if you hire a motorbike to get there from Hue, on Highway 1A. The rental fee for one day is around 150.000 VND, depending on the types of motorbikes. If you look for a best guided tour to Tam Giang Lagoon, do not forget to contact the local travel agency Indochina Charm Travel at email@example.com. The Lagoon is 15km from Hue; so, during your travel to Hue, try to schedule appropriately so that you can be there around 6:00 AM – 7:00 AM to catch the sunrise.