Nha Trang today is the top beach city in Vietnam that is stunning and bustling enough to wake up every soul. In fact, in almost any talk about a seaside retreat in South Central Coast of Vietnam, many people initially think of Nha Trang, and so do you, soon.
About Nha Trang Beach City
Nha Trang is a coastal and provincial capital of Khanh Hoa Province, Vietnam. The city is encompassed by Ninh Hoa Province in the north, Cam Ranh Town in the south, and Dien Khanh District on the west. It is around 450km from Ho Chi Minh City to the northeast. Geographically, the three sides of Nha Trang are bordered by mountains, and the fourth side is covered by an extensive island.
As a superb beach city, what make Nha Trang in Vietnam famous internationally must be the beaches, or you can call it the paradise of beaches whose beauty goes beyond words. It has miles of the dramatic, white, and sandy beaches with the backdrops of mountains and offshore islands. Together with the transparent and blue beaches, the islands in Nha Trang mesmerize every people who admire both seascape and seafood. Also, Nha Trang Bay is one of the world’s most beautiful bays. Furthermore, the local essentials cannot lack the names of Po Nagar Cham Towers, Long Son Pagoda, Alexandre Yersin Museum, and several islands in Nha Trang Bay. Traveling to Nha Trang, it is highly inspired to enjoy the water activities such as snorkeling, scuba diving, swimming, sunbathing, etc; have delicious seafood meals; and relax in the recreational paradise: Nha Trang Vinpearland.
What to See in Nha Trang
Po Nagar Cham Towers
This temple was dedicated to the Goddess Yang Ino Po Nagar (the Mother of the Champa Kingdom) and built during the Hindu period of Champa. Po Naga Cham Towers today surprise the visitors with the 23m-high Cham tower called Po Nagar Kalan representing Mount Meru, the statue of Goddess Po Nagar with 10 arms (each holds a specific object of the Buddha’s power and wisdom) and is sitting cross-legged. Note that the Thap Ba Festival held there by Cham people in 20th-23rd of the third month of the Lunar Calendar to include in your Nha Trang package tour if possible!
Long Son Pagoda
This is the symbolic spiritual attraction in Nha Trang, where to do homage to the 24m-high white Buddha statue. The seated Buddha statue was erected in honor of the monks and nuns who sacrificed in the fight against the Diem regime. Today, you still see their portraits carved around the base of the big statue. Also, Long Son Pagoda is famous for the panoramic view of the whole Nha Trang from the hilltop. It is a clean, sacred, and meaningful retreat.
Top Islands in Nha Trang
This beach city is blessed with many picturesque and primitive islands such as Hon Tre Island, Hon Lao Island, Binh Ba Island, Binh Hung Island, Hon Mun Island, etc. Though all of the islands is captivating, each is noticeable for some specific strengths; for instance, Binh Ba Island is best for lobsters, and Hon Tre Island is the base of the exciting Vinpearl Land. During your beach holiday in Nha Trang, you find unlimited things to in any of Nha Trang islands like snorkeling to see the colorful coral reef, scuba diving, riding motorboats, walking in the sea, and more.
Tri Nguyen Aquarium
In the design of an agroundship, Tri Nguyen Aquarium lets the visitors enjoy sightseeing the underwater world in a unique manner. It gives a feel as if you’re the sailors whose ship is going aground that starts a new and exciting journey. Don’t forget to take the awesome pictures of every scene and marine creature here.
The Institute of Oceanography
This construction was established in September 1922, as one of the earliest institutes for scientific oceanographic research in Vietnam. The long-lasting and important Institute of Oceanography has been the indispensable attraction in Nha Trang that people come to witness the marine research and project. Here, you see thousands of marine creatures and coral reefs in the standard aquariums. What’s more, it has the competent library with many old books about the sea life for the later generations to learn.
Vinpearl Land Complex
The modern Nha Trang is symbolized by Vinpearl Land complex including the 5-star resort systems of Vinpearl Resort Nha Trang and Vinpearl Amusement Park. This isolated recreational area on the island is the true magnet attracting people looking for luxury Nha Trang beach vacation, to experience the Guinness 3,320m-long sea-crossing cable car system, the Under Water World, Game World, Water Park, Amphitheatre, Food Village, Shopping Mall, etc. While entertainment is boundless in Vinpearl Amusement Park, relaxation and comfort are absolute in the 5-star resort herein.
How to Get to Nha Trang Vietnam
There are daily flights from either Hanoi or Ho Chi Minh City to Nha Trang, namely the Cam Ranh Airport. Then, just drive for 30km from the airport to the city center. Numerous taxis and buses are waiting there.
You can take the lengthy buses to Nha Trang from Hanoi, Ho Chi Minh City, Da Lat, or Da Nang at ease. It is your choice to purchase the bus tickets directly at the terminal (recommended companies are Mai Linh and Phuong Trang) or use the transfer services offered by travel agents.
Travel by train is the very popular option that people choose to reach Nha Trang from Ho Chi Minh City or Hanoi. The train trip is safe, comfortable, and affordable to almost every passengers. You take the overnight trains to arrive at Nha Trang in the early morning. And, the length train journey might be as long as 12-15 hours, with several stops along the way.
When to Visit Nha Trang in Vietnam
Nha Trang is warm and comfortable; so, many people believe you can visit it all year round, favorably.
- May – August: This is the summertime when the weather gets hot with extreme sunlight. These months are ideal for the beach vacation and ecotourism to any of the islands in Nha Trang. Note that July and August are the two hottest months of the year in this coastal area! Anyhow, if your travel is scheduled in the hot months, it is suggested to visit Hon Ba (30km from the city center) as this island is cool all year round, making it the perfect place to hide from the scorching heat of summer.
- September – December: This is the wet time in Nha Trang with some rain and wind, but it might be ideal for visiting the attractions of Po Nagar Cham Towers, Bao Dai Village, and Vinpearl Land. The autumn travel in Nha Trang might be interrupted by the unexpected storms and the heavy rain. Therefore, if having plans to experience a Nha Trang Tour anytime between September and December, please make sure you check the local weather forecast in advance!
- January – April: This period leaves the coastal city with the warm and comfortable vibe; so any day from January to April is the ideal time to have a vacation in Nha Trang to get a real feel for the sun-sea-and-sand values. Amongst these months, the best time to come to Nha Trang in Vietnam is from February to April, when offers the moderate temperature. Most of young couples book Nha Trang honeymoon package during that period. Also, the springtime showers this seaside retreat with the fresh and charming beauty.
- 2018.09.21NewsNew Hanoi – Halong Expressway cuts the travel time by half
- 2018.09.04North of VietnamMeo Vac Hill-tribe Market Ha Giang for Valuable Fun and Great Pictures
- 2018.08.30Vietnam Travel BlogHow to Eat Cheap Delicious Seafood in Vietnam Islands
- 2018.08.20Vietnam Travel BlogTravel to Vietnam from Australia – What to Know for the Perfect Vacation