How to get to Cat Ba Island Vietnam is searched by lots of vacationers and backpackers who plan to see the gorgeous natural site. Cat Ba has long been famous for the fairylike beaches, the pristine Lan Ha Bay, the majestic Monkey Island, and especially the Cat Ba International Park, etc. The how-to below can facilitate your access to the beautiful landmark so that you reach the destination in a happy mood.
By Car and Then by Ferry or Speedboat – Various Options to Visit Cat Ba Island
It’s feasible to get to Cat Ba Island from Hanoi, Hai Phong or Halong route. There are several scenarios for your choices:
Get to Cat Ba Island from Hanoi
From Hanoi, in particular, you can work with Hanoi Travel Bus agency to buy the bus tickets whose prices include pick-up, boat to the island, and bus to your hotel in the town. For your reference, the single-trip ticket is 14$USD/passenger while the round-trip ticket is 25$USD/passenger. The Hanoi – Cat Ba Bus of the agency runs three shifts a day at 7:30 AM, 11:00 AM, and 14:00 PM. And, for the return bus from Cat Ba Island to Hanoi, it runs at 08:30 AM, 12:30 PM, and 15:30 PM. The duration for a bus coach from Hanoi to Cat Ba is around 3.5 hours.
You can also get to Cat Ba Island from Hanoi by private seaplane or helicopter, contact email@example.com
Get to Cat Ba Island from Hai Phong
From Hai Phong, there stand out three ways to reach the island:
- Take a speedboat in Ben Binh which costs 200.000 VND – 250.000 VND/person. The duration is around 45 minutes. This means of transport is ultimately convenient and fast, but some people are afraid of the expensive fees.
- Embark the ferry in Dinh Vu Port. The duration is around 2-3 hours because you have to take two ferries to reach the Cat Ba Island. Note that the ferry runs from 5:00 AM to 17:00 PM.
- Drive on Tan Vu – Lach Huyen Bridge. This bridge connects the Hanoi – Hai Phong Highway with Cat Hai Town. Therefore, just reach Ben Got Port, embark to reach Cai Vieng Port, and then continue driving to Cat Ba Town. By putting Vietnam’s longest sea bridge into operation, it helps travelers save much time and cost (for ferries) to get to Cat Ba Island easily.
Get to Cat Ba Island from Halong
From Halong City, you can take a ferry from Tuan Chau, pass the legendary Halong Bay to reach Gia Luan Port of Cat Ba Island. It’s noted that the last shift to Cat Ba from Tuan Chau is 15:00 PM. Often, people combine the trips to Cat Ba and Halong; therefore, the ferry scenarios there tend to get crowded that is why you should come early to buy the tickets. And when you are in the destination port, you have some options to reach the Cat Ba Town namely your private car (it’s great that you have), the bus (running from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM), taxi, or motorbike taxi (called “xe om” locally).
You can also get to Cat Ba Island from Halong Bay by private junk, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
What to See in Cat Ba Island When You Get There
Not only being famous for the marvelous spectacles of beaches, mountains, national park, grottoes, and antique fishing villages, Cat Ba Island Vietnam is also renowned for delicious, fresh seafood (like Tu Hai, Squid, Mini Crabs, etc.).
Here are some of the must-see highlights to discover around this beautiful site:
- Cat Ba beaches: The most famous beaches are the Cat Co 1, 2, 3 (Cat Co 2 is the most beautiful).
- Monkey Island.
- Lan Ba Bay
- Cai Beo Fishing Village
- Cat Ba National Park
- High Point 177 (Cannon Fort)
Click to read more on things to do at Cat Ba Island, find your ways to Cat Ba Island Vietnam soon and feel how fascinating it is actually!